Wednesday, September 28, 2011

TV - have time to watch it?

I watch tv seasonally, which means when I have time to watch :) During my unwed college life (sounds funny, I know), I dedicated Sundays to tv. I watched a bunch of shows on hulu.com (which doesn't seem to work from Finland, bummer) and kept up with most of them. Among the shows I followed were CSI, NCIS, Bones, Fringe, Gossip Girl, Dollhouse, Castle, Medium, How I Met Your Mother among others. Due to what my roommates/friends watched on our community tv, I've also watched the likes of Arrested Development, House, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and a lot of cartoons (while living with my three male roommates :). I also tried to think of what I used to watch before college and these came to my mind: Gilmore Girls, Charmed, China Beach, Roswell, Popular and a bunch of old school sci-fi series like Star Trek, Space: 1999 etc.

While I was pregnant I watched a ton of tv, basically every day. I was on bedrest majority of my pregnancy (not fun), but luckily we had cable, so I had like 300 channels to choose from. I watched the usuals (Bones, NCIS etc) and Flashforward, Battlestar Galactica, Warehouse 13 and a bunch of America's Funniest Homevideos episodes :D I still watch the latter on Finnish tv, I love the laughs it gives me! After I had my baby I watched tv less frequently and usually on Hulu, since I never knew when I would have time to watch tv. I watched all the Modern Family and Parenthood episodes, since I was living my new life as a stay-at-home mom :-)

Now that my lil man is a toddler and takes 2h naps during the day, I have time to watch some tv. I still watch Fringe, NCIS and Bones and have added Mentalist, Lie to Me and especially Glee to my list. I also usually watch at least the pilot episode of interesting new shows and this fall I've found a couple pilots I've really liked. I loved the pilot of Hart of Dixie and the New Girl. The latter appeals to me partly since it's about a girl living with three guys and that really brings back fun memories :) I miss my roommates! I also watched the pilot of Secret Circle, but I have to say I've grown out of high school dramas, however magical they are. One exception though, I'm seriously in love with Glee. I've just been a bit bummed out about the third season, but maybe the third time's the charm and the third episode will be magic!


Any shows you think are worth watching?

2 comments:

Katness said...

Itse en ole enaa muutamaan vuoteen telkkaa oikein enaa katsonut. On vaan niin paljon muuta tekemista kun kotona on. Ja miehenikin katselee ainoastaan leffoja joten meilla tavallinen tollo on paalla hyvin vahan. Mutta jos katson niin eniten tykkaan Keeping up with the Kardashians. Tyhmaa lappaahan siina on, mutta tykkaan tyttojen tyylista. Siita saa ideoita aina valilla oma garderoobia miettiessa.

Ja joskus lounastauolla toissa katselen Sex & the Cityn uusintoja jotka on aina kivoja kun kotikaupungista kyse.

Nyt olen lomalla Suomessa kolmisen viikkoa ja nautin joka hetkesta. Taalla on niin ihaan rauhallista ja niin vahan ihmisia ja autoja. Rakastan!

Sugar said...

Niinhan se vahan on, etta aika on kylla nykyaan tosi kortilla ja sen vahan vapaa-ajan kayttaisi mielellaan johonkin muuhun kun telkkarin tuijottamiseen :)

Ihanaa lomaa taalla koti-Suomessa! Syksy on kylla kauneimmillaan :)