Monday, September 26, 2011

Purple themed wedding

Staying on theme of weddings :) one of my high school friends got married over the weekend in Helsinki and she had a lovely purple themed wedding (it's her favorite color). Everything from invitations, decorations, bridesmaids' dresses to her own flowers (bouquet and hair) followed the theme and it was done really tastefully. Unfortunately I only had my Blackberry with me, so I wasn't able to take any quality photos, but here's some anyways:

Beautiful church

Groom and groomsmen waiting for the bride

Table decorations, loved the petals! There were tiny purple hearts on top of the petals

Cutting the cake :)

And here's my own dress, which I ordered custom made from dinodirect.com. I think it turned out pretty well!

The reception was held at a hotel. I really liked the hotel's lobby, which had these centerpieces. I might consider having something like this at my own wedding, maybe with cinnamon and red/white dried flowers:

I really enjoyed the wedding! My husband and I stayed overnight at the hotel, since my Mom had our lil man, so we had a little mini vacation to boot :)

Hope everyone is having the most amazing week!


No comments: