Monday, January 2, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012!

Happy New Year 2012 everyone! I hope you've all had a fantastic start and have lots of exciting things planned for this brand new year :)



2011 was an amazing year for me! Some of the memorable events were:
- We moved to Finland (and this is something really special for me, since I have not lived in Finland since 2005)
- Our lil man turned 1! It is such a privilege to watch him grow, I wish we all could get as excited as he does when he encounters new things :)
- I got married, twice, to a wonderful man, whom I love so very much!
- We went on an amazing honeymoon to Greece
- Husband got a permanent position in his own field right out of college!
- We moved into a wonderful new home
- We were able to celebrate Christmas with both of our families

We celebrated New Year's Eve at home, since our little man went to bed way before the year changed :) We bought a bunch of unhealthy foods like chips with dip, cookies, chocolate and candy and had our own little fest in the living room :) We also opened a bottle of champagne and played some Africa's Star, which is a Finnish game from 1951, lots of fun!

New Year's Eve. Notice the very mature living room rug :D Actually we are planning on buying a new one, this is just temporary, I swear :-)

Fireworks from our living room window

In 2012 I hope to:
- finally graduate as a Master of Arts! I just have my thesis left so I hope to finish that by December the latest
- potty train our little man (should be achievable)
- get my back fixed
- lose a few more pounds through Pilates. I'm not exatcly overweight, but I do have this slight spare tire that showed up after I had the baby. I want to get rid of it :) I can't do a whole lot because of my bad back, but I love Pilates and hopefully my back will too
- travel to NYC to celebrate our first anniversary. I've been to the city several times, but my husband has never been there. This must be corrected :)
- start saving money, for no reason really, just to have some savings
I'm sure I'll come up with many more things along the way :)

I also wanted to thank everyone who has taken time to read my blog, I really appreciate it!
May the year 2012 bring you all the very best life has to offer!

No comments: