Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I heart weddings!

Yesterday we got an invite for a wedding and it made me soooo happy! One of my best friends from high school is getting married next month! I'm so happy that she found someone wonderful. They got engaged this spring after five or so years together.

I love weddings and receiving an invite always makes me happy :) If given the choice, I'd prefer being a guest rather than the bride, since the guests get to enjoy the beautiful occasion without having a nervous breakdown haha. I have to say I was pretty nervous about my own wedding earlier this summer, but planning our second wedding is much more fun! Of course this time I'm getting off easy; my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are doing most of the work. The wedding will be in a very small town (pop. 50!) near my husband's hometown in the Midwest, so we won't be able to contribute much beforehand from Finland.

Our first wedding had a spring-y green apple theme, which I absolutely loved. Our second wedding will have a Christmas-y winter-wonderland theme and I think it'll be so cool to have these two very different themes. I've looked at some photos in order to get some idea what I would like. Here's an example of the wedding cake from wedding-cakes-for-you.com I'd like:
I think we'll add some red Christmas ornaments in order to make it more Christmas-y. The cake topper will be more Christmas-y too. But I love the icicles!

Also, I'm planning on having a light silver wedding dress, like this Maggie Sottero


I already wore an ivory dress at my first wedding, so I think a light silver will do fine for the winter wonderland theme. My wedding dress will be a bit different from this, but I don't want my husband to see it quite yet :)

Here is a pic from our first wedding, I think the green apple theme turned out great!

<3 edit. Here's what our wedding turned out to be like: Our Christmas - Winter Wonderland Wedding :)

No comments: