Thursday, August 4, 2011

Finnish supersummer :)

I think most people who read my blog are either in Finland or Finns living abroad. Either way, most of you probably are aware of the amazing summer we've been having in Finland! It's been super warm, it's been sunny, not a whole lot of bugs - it's been all around wonderful! I haven't spent a whole lot of time in Finland in the past few years, but it seems like the last time I was here for the summer it was cold and rainy and I think we even had some snow in May. When my husband came here to visit last summer, I told him to pack up warm clothes etc. cause it might not be so warm. Turned out it was the hottest two weeks I've ever witnessed in Finland, my husband accused me of lying. Same thing this summer, when my mother-in-law came to Finland for our wedding. She asked if the hotel she was staying had a/c and I told she probably won't need it, since the wedding was in early June, it won't be that hot. Well, what do you know, it was a super warm week. Our wedding was one hot affair and once again my husband said I had lied :D (btw the hotel did have a/c, thank goodness).

Today was another beautiful day and since my husband starts working on Monday, we figured we should do something special. We decided to go to the local pool with our friend and her children and had the most amazing day! It wasn't too hot, but warm enough. The water was clear and refreshing and even our lil man enjoyed it. What a great day!


No comments: