Thursday, March 29, 2012

Detox that didn't detox

The fear of the upcoming beach season (yikes) got a hold of me the other week and I decided to try one of those detox supplements. MethodDraine Detox Express was on sale so I went with that. It's basically a 7 day detox crash course. You choose what you eat, but you have a small bottle of brown liquid (it has birch in it, among others) mixed into a glass of water every morning. It's recommended to drink at least 1,5 liters of water each day. It's also recommended to avoid some heavy foods like meat during the detox.


I'm on a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet already (due to health reasons) so I didn't really need to change my diet. Maybe that's why this detox didn't work for me. I didn't notice any difference, unless you count the fact that I had to go to the bathroom more often :), and my scale didn't either. I didn't feel any better, nor worse. The liquid itself looked kinda yucky, and didn't taste much better (it was pomegranate-passion fruit flavor), but I managed to drink it alright. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't horrible tasting, but it wasn't pleasant either. The only good thing about this detox really was that it made me drink more water, which I don't normally drink enough. Other than that, a bit of a waste of money.

Has anyone else tried any of the detox supplements? Did they work for you?

No comments: