Thursday, January 3, 2013

Little toy dolls that cuddle and coo, elephants, boats and kiddie cars too...

... Santa Claus came to town!

We had a wonderful Christmas with my family (parents, brother, sister-in-law, grandpa, uncle, aunt, cousins and their families) and here are some pictures to prove it :)

Yes, Santa really did visit us!


And he had a couple of lil helpers


This lil helper didn't want to wear his hat tho :)


Santa brought all sorts of cool presents! Lil man was incredibly lucky this year, he got to open presents at grandma's and home on the 24th and then more presents in the morning of the 25th! It seems Santa is still sending him presents, since we have a couple of notices from the post office waiting to pick up packages :)


Sometimes Santa seemed a bit scary, but no worries, Mommy was there to rescue lil man :)


After Santa left, it was time open more presents!


And some more presents!


And finally eat some gingerbread cookies Daddy had made :) I'm not much of a cook, so my mom and aunt took care of most of the main dishes. Husband made these cookies and I made a traditional Finnish date cake.

Little man got a ton of presents (too much, if you ask me, but he's the only grandchild, so what can you do:)), but husband and I had also been good it seems. I had only one Christmas wish and husband made it come true. A brand new Kindle Paperwhite 3G was in one of my packages! I'll post more about the Kindle later, but here's a Christmas present I bought for myself:

I've never been a big fan of Lancôme scents, but this one I actually liked. 
I rather randomly tried it during our cruise to Stockholm to camouflage the puke smell on my pants after lil man got sick during breakfast... Gross story, but the scent worked magic and I ended up purchasing it.   

On that note, hope everyone is feeling well and your 2013 is off to a great start! :-)


2 comments:

Sofia said...

Jännä, minäkään en ole ollut Lancomen tuoksujen ystävä. Muistan että pelkäsin joulupukkia pienenä. Oikeastaan joulupukki on vähän ihmeellinen otus vaikka tuokin lahjoja. Mukavia talvipäiviä sinulle ja pikkumiehellesi, niin söötti on!

Sugar said...

En itse muista pelkasinko pukkia taaperona, mutta alle kouluikaisena tykkasin pukista kovasti, koska sain laulaa hanelle :D
Kiitoksia samoin, ihania talvipaivia Sofia!