Sunday, October 21, 2012

I get so emotional, baby

I cried the whole last half of last Sunday's episode of Downton Abbey. If you follow the series 3rd season, you know why. But me crying over a tv show or a movie is more of a rule than an exception. And I don't only cry for sad stories, I cry for the happy ones too.

For example, Oscar night is usually a cry fest for me. I start crying when someone cries happy tears or if they're just sooo happy. I remember as a kid, when Anna Paquin won an Oscar, I cried so much that I scared my dog, poor puppy. I cried at the movie theater during all three parts of Lord of the Ring trilogy. Most recently, I cried during the Hunger Games. I watched it again on dvd the other day...and I cried again.



I don't know why I'm this emotional when it comes to fiction, but I think it's the visual part, since I rarely cry when I read a book. I've never been a complete cry baby in real life, with the exception of weddings and funerals.  I cry happy tears at weddings, if I know the couple well, but also if it's just such a lovely wedding. Embarrassingly, I cry at funerals even if I've never met the deceased person. I think it's just the atmosphere, the sadness is so overwhelming. Tears already form in my eyes if I think of something really happy or really sad.

I also laugh uncontrollably. I just can't stop sometimes, I laugh so much I get tears in my eyes. It has gotten me removed from class at school a couple of times and I've gotten several weird looks in my life time. Laughing is contagious, and I get affected really easily. I tell bad jokes and I never seem to be able to finish them, because usually I start laughing myself half way through. I've heard many times I have a weird sense of humor, but I'm okay with that. I don't laugh at other people, I laugh with them...or by myself in some cases :) Sometimes a funny memory makes me chuckle while I'm sitting on the bus - alone. I think husband says I'm at times borderline hysterical when I start laughing at something. But I swear, it's *that* funny :)

I often wish I wasn't so emotional. I think in this day and age it's the people that can keep their cool that do well. I'm a very see through person, I can't even imagine lying to anyone, I'd probably confess before I'd finish the sentence. I get hurt easily when I find out someone has lied to me or spoken ill things of me. I get upset, when I for example hear what lies Romney spills out. I hate injustice, it infuriates me to tears at times. 
I sometimes wish I didn't care so much. Caring just a little bit less would do just fine.

But I'm extremely glad that I'm such a caring and happy person. I know I'm exceedingly silly, but at least husband never complains I'm boring, although I'm sure he thinks I talk too much :) I'm not an emotional roller coaster though, I'm just plain emotional. The funny thing is that while I was pregnant, I was less emotional! Things didn't bother me as much, really, nothing bothered me, I was just blissfully happy. Maybe it was because my pregnancy was such a complicated one, that the smaller annoying things in my life lost their meaning. I was just focusing on the happiest surprise I've ever had :)

Anyone else feel like they're equally emotional? How do you keep yourselves in check? :)

Yup, that sums me up pretty nicely:)
photos from weheartit.com

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Onks Downtown Abbey hyvä sarja? Netflix yrittää koko ajan suositella sitä mulle.

Ja mä itken elokuvissa yms, mutta myös luetun tekstin parissa, sekä ilosta että surusta. Itkin kun Sinkkuelämää-leffassa Miranda juoksi sen sillan yli miehensä syliin, ja muistan myös itkeneeni, kun Musta ori -kirjassa se vanha hevonen lopulta pääsi kaikkien vastoinkäymisien jälkeen todella hyvään kotiin, missä sitä rakastettiin. Ja kun Hesarin ulkomaanosiossa on juttu Afrikan sarven sisäisestä pakolaisuudesta, ja on haastateltu äitiä, joka kertoo, että juuri yksi lapsi kuoli, kaksi on vielä jäljellä, ei ole ruokaa, ei ole vettä, ja sata kilometria vielä matkaa aavikon poikki sukulaisten luo, mutta tällaista tämä elämä on, niin minä siinä aamiaispöydässä teekupin ääressä alan nyyhkimään.

Sugar said...

Downton Abbey on ehdottomasti katsomisen arvoinen :) Varsinkin jos tykkaat historiallisista draamoista, mutta muutenkin.

Nyt kun muuten mainitsit tuon lehtijutun, niin olen tainnut itsekin pari kertaa nyyhkaista, kun olen lukenut haastatteluja. Ja viela tarkemmin kun ajattelen, niin Koiramme lehden sankarikoira-juttuja olen itkenyt useammankin kerran!

Leena said...

Olen aina 'syyttänyt' äitini karjalaista perua siitä, että sekä itku että nauru tulee niin herkästi. Täällä ensimmäiset julki-itkut tulivat elokuvissa - elokuva oli Pocahontas ! Hautajaiset täällä, missä en ole juurikaan tuntenut vainajaa, ovat olleet yhtä itkua. Mukaanlukien Bostonissa, jossa kävin katsomassa kun Edward Kennedyn arkku oli näytillä julkisesti. En ole juurikaan perhetuttu heidän kanssaan, mutta se oli niin surullista. Viime kesänä taisin parkua, kun katselin USA:n voimistelijatyttöjä Lontoossa. Nyt kun tarkemmin tätä ajattelen, ehkä sitä on viimeaikoina ollut enemmän itkua kuin naurua. Tälle pitäisi jotain tehdä.....

Sugar said...

Ihanaa kuulla, etten ole ainut! Ehkapa syy loytyy myos omista sukujuuristani... Toivottavasti saat itku-nauru ration kohdilleen pian! Kylla sita naurua vaan itsekin toivoisi olevan se enemmisto :)